Sunday, January 13, 2013

First step has been made

We finished filling out our application this week. I got butterflies as I faxed it over to them Friday. Now, I suppose, we just wait to hear something back. I emailed someone in Jackson asking what the turn around typically was on "approval" and she said that it would be 1-2 weeks. The email we received from Birmingham said 3-5 business days. So now we play our first waiting game.

I am debating on whether or not I should go ahead and apply for our passports and get a little jump start on that. I think it would be a good idea, one less thing that we would have to worry about down the road.

Another part that I am worried about is the funds, of course. I will state what I have stated all along though, I do not believe that God would have laid this so heavily on our hearts had he not had a plan for us. We have such great support from our friends and I know our family will do what they can too. We are watching our spending and working on getting some bills lowered, refinancing and all that. We don't have a whole heaping TON of debt but it's enough that we both must work and bring home a paycheck.

So this week we have to go file "homestead" on our house because we have been out of the loop and haven't done that yet... 3 years back home and our taxes DOUBLED this year. Something seems a little off about that. Not really sure and every effort I have given to get to the bottom of it has not been answered. I asked our amazing realtor, Alexis, what the problem might be and she said not filing for homestead might have been the problem. It made our mortgage go up $300 a month. So if I can get that rectified and refinance our mortgage then we will be saving AT LEAST $300 a month if not more and that can add up fast. ANY little bit helps.

Our first major money obstacle is the home study... if we get approved then it will be coming up fairly soon.

I will write again when I have heard something about approval. Until then, please keep us in your prayers. Pray for smooth waters, for financial availability and that the will of God be easily seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment